Monday, October 24, 2011

In Retrospect



I can't say I was surprised by what happened this weekend. I ran off to Winchester, Virginia to meet someone whose personality matches that of Janice from the Rabbit novels, spending all of my money in the process, then discovering that the spark between us had disappeared. She had found it in a man closer to home. Ca marche... it happens. To be honest, I ought to thank her for what took place. I know that it was mostly my fault, and I take that blame eagerly. Because when you're two hundred miles from home, cold, with no food in your stomach, you know that it's high time you grew up. That while your family can & will help you through the worst of times, the only person who will ultimately determine your future is you.

So no, I'm not mad that we're no longer together. Just numb. And before one asks about why I'd do something this dumb, remember; there have been crazier things done in the pursuit of love. Now that I've seen my craziness, I will never do something like that again.

It's just not worth it. No one is.

No comments:

Post a Comment