Saturday, September 18, 2010

Duality

I’m going to talk to you directly because you can’t help but look. You’ve been watching me, since I was five years old if not younger, and you’re trying to kill me. You want me to slip up so bad I can’t help but be evil. You want me to give up the fight, convince me that it’s an uphill battle; wall me in so that every last string of hope is broken. Don’t you get it? You’ll never break me. You lost that fight. I’ve got a purpose in life that doesn’t involve devotion to self.

You should not be interfering with my life. You were like me once, but you fucked up so bad it was too late to turn back. Maybe you took too many ‘second chances’ and ended up with nothing. Maybe you didn’t realize there were infinite numbers of second chances. Maybe you didn’t care.

I’m ready for you this time. I’m not scared of you. I felt your presence closest when things were about to end. I feel you in bass-heavy music, in creepy photos and horror movies. I know you watch me from the shadows and you live in the dark. You are a demon. You have a name. You give me power to do the wrong thing.

I’ll never get rid of you.

I want you to realize that you couldn’t exist without me. I wouldn’t exist without you. This duality has existed in every person there ever was. You are incarnation of choice. The choice to do what feels good.

The other half chooses to do what Is right. I don't see him often. I spend too much time with you.

You block me from dreaming of HER. About her. For her. You keep me from realizing my full potential.

Be It so. You won't stop me much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment