Monday, December 19, 2011

Thoughts and Ramblings at the end of the Semester

Praise the maker; I'm DONE. Well, not completely done, there's still the little issue of the pre-calculus final exam to take, but I'm confident that I will do well. For one thing, I'll have the time, motivation and circumstances necessary to study effectively, and get enough sleep to retain the information before Friday. What's more, I have now completed the last pieces of work for the other three classes this semester, which means that now I can focus on ONE last thing before checking out of education for the year.

When I was working on my term paper last night, a friend of mine emailed me saying that Kim Jong-Il was dead. I didn't know what to make of that; of course it's a good thing, I mean, maybe North Korea stands a chance at peace with this happenstance. Then again, maybe not. If the Dear Leader's son is anything like his father, we haven't seen the last of cold-war-era standoffs this century. And that's AFTER the U.S.S.R. collapsed... dasvidaniya rodina.

I will say, I learned quite a bit this semester. I do believe I'll post more on these subjects later, but I slept three hours last night and my brain is giving me shit for it. My last thought for the day is; I believe it's possible for there to be a one-world government at some point in the future. Not an illuminati, oligarchic or dictator-style gov't, but more like a republic: think the U.N. with legislative, executive and judicial power granted by the U.S., the E.U., and other participating countries. It'd have a bicameral legislature, a supreme court, and a system of checks and balances to make sure that no one man, OR one branch of that gov't, would overstep its boundaries.

The implications of this? Well, In some way it would be a major step towards world peace. The end of world hunger. Hell, if this government lasted long enough, it could spell out the end of monetary systems, because there would be so much wealth, distributed so effectively throughout the world, that there would be no need for money. Yeah, I'm thinking as if it'd create a utopia. Guy can dream, can't he?

At any rate, I promise you all more coherent, well-sourced thoughts in the future. I just felt like getting these down before crashing, and hope to get some feedback on them from at least one of you. Then again, almost no one comments on this blog, so whatever. Selah.







No comments:

Post a Comment