Thursday, February 24, 2011

I've had this conversation before, but it never seems to make me any bolder. Ah well - nth time's the charm

Steady now; steady
she mustn't know you're afraid.

But how can I hide it? I'm shaking like a leaf.

Calm yourself - she's just a girl. No more, no less

but what If she doesn't like me?

Then she'll tell you to go away. That's ALL she can do.

I hate being rejected

You've faced it before; it didn't kill you

but she could be different!

She might be, she might not be. At any rate, YOU cannot base your self-esteem on the opinions of others.

But I do! That's who I am!

Then change that. You are AWESOME. You have always been awesome, even when others think you've fucked up.

What if they're right?

You mustn't let it get to you. No matter what, know that this life is an ACT. You are an actor - keep your smile on, and your chin up. Through this, you will win them all over.

Stiff upper lip?

Stiff upper lip.

No comments:

Post a Comment