Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lazy

I eat shit food because it tastes good - but it makes me fat.
I don't work out because it hurts - but it makes me strong.
I don't socialize with kids my age because it's scary - but it makes me a better person.
I don't develop lasting relationships because they're difficult - but they are invaluable.
I pray maybe once a week, once a month, unless something terrible has just happened - because I am
unable to maintain any sort of consistency in my life.

Are you consistent? Are you able to sit down at a table and get your work done in one sitting; day after day? Do you contact your friends and family on a routine basis? Do you maintain your beliefs about the world no matter what?

If so, I don't know whether to congratulate you or berate you. You can do something I can't, if you ARE consistent, but you're also letting your mind get into a rut.

There is a compromise to be made - I must improve myself without doing any improvement on a routine basis. Workouts can be done morning, noon, evening, or midnight. The same for homework and studying. What matters is that each task be done ON TIME - that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment