Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Reise, Reise

Cold walls loom over me
muffled sounds come from the radiator and computer
artificial light casts a harsh glow
on the fact that I am completely, utterly, alone.

Fear. Not of the known,
not of the unknown.
But of the fate of one who is cut off from his fellow man.

Why do you avoid me?
Have I done you wrong?
No. Our lives are simply too tangential.
You must deal with your struggles, your hopes, your ambitions
While I contend with mine
Maybe someday i'll look up from my workbench, and you'll look up from yours
and we'll marvel at the beauty of what the other has created.

Until that happens,
I will press on with my existential struggle.
Truth be told, I LOVE running on this hamster wheel that is my life.
Why?
Because it distracts me from the fact that I have no one.

Be thankful for what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment