Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Anger

I don't need you to tell me that I can't run the marathon. When I set a goal, I put all of my time and effort into it, and I almost always succeed. 

I don't need you to tell me that I shouldn't transfer schools. I have a vision in my mind that you know nothing about. My friends DO, and while they may not understand it, they at least have the decency to support me in this endeavor. 

Why didn't I tell you? Because you dismiss my ideas and plans as naive. Grandiose dreams of the young. Because you consistently out down every idea I come up with, including my discovery that you and I both had ADHD.

If I hadn't campaigned about it for a solid three MONTHS, I would have never gotten where I am today - and your career would have suffered similarly.

If I hadn't discovered 5-htp, I would be an emotional wreck. You told me that I was risking my life by taking it, DESPITE the fact that you had no idea what it was.

If I hadn't gone to Maryland over the summer, like you urged me multiple times, I never would have met Clem - whom I am deeply in love with, as you well know.

If I hadn't started using an electronic cigarette Instead of smoking real cigarettes, I would be risking lung cancer - like my grandmother before me - and I would have lost all progress in my running career THAT YOU STARTED. Do you remember?

Maybe if you trusted me to live my life in a mature fashion, I would tell you more about what I do on a day-today basis. Maybe if you listened to me, and gave me my say when we're talking, I would trust you with the things I tell only my closest friends and girlfriend.

But right now, you are my accuser. You are the one person in my life who. Keeps telling me 'You can't.' 

And if that continues, i will spend the rest of my life trying to prove you wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment