Monday, September 12, 2011

Procrastinating

Sense of numbness and detachment from the world: sometimes.

Often, though, when people don't talk to me, or when I don't talk to them. More so when I haven't had physical contact with someone,anyone, for some time. A hug. A comforting embrace. But I am a man. Silent, mysterious, and seemingly unapproachable to others. As such; the last time I felt truly 'of this world' was when we hugged last. Do you remember?

I amend that. Whenever I think of you, suddenly the world comes back to me. I don't think it's me living vicariously.. It's more like I trust YOU. Not so much other people.

But then again - I trust anyone who shows themselves willing to trust me back. That is both one of my greatest strengths, and a major weakness.

Would they rather I WAS the batman they seem to think I am? Unlikely.

It was shown to me, just today, that people DO trust me. It just takes a bit of initiative on my part, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment