Monday, January 7, 2013

A Long Journey Ahead


I owed y'all this pic from a post three days ago; those are the puppies on my grandparents' farm. Great Pyrnees is the breed, if interested.

Tomorrow I'm going out to get my learner's permit, to submit a job application for the summer, and to get ready to go to Croatia. I just got back from Texas, and have travelled more than a day just to get back to New Jersey. I'm tired, i'm jet-lagged, but I'm still posting in hopes of finding inspiration.

That inspiration comes from the thought of seeing Iva again in three days time. For ten days, we'll be partying, carousing, and acting like general fools until it's time to go back to school. I've never really done something like that, you know. Acted carefree. I care, I worry, about so many things on a daily basis, that I rarely let myself enjoy the blissful moments in life. I'm glad I get the chance to do it now, before my teenage years are completely gone. Below is an image of one of the wind farms I passed on the way to Wellington. These wind mills are absolutely massive, and they provide power to many, many homes in Texas, but they can only operate in the wind.

Right now, I act like a windmill. When the wind is blowing, I can work like a madman, and attack the day with a fervor. When the wind is gone, so too is my energy. It is my intent to become more like a nuclear power plant; providing a continuous source of energy and productivity for years to come. In other words, it's high time I grew up.



No comments:

Post a Comment