Thursday, January 3, 2013

Well... shit

Never seen so much horse shit in my life - or cow shit - or chicken shit - or any kind of shit for that matter. On a farm, you literally cannot escape the smell and sight of shit. That said, you get to hunt on your own property, and shoot anything that moves if you feel like it. But even on a farm, there is no escaping the laws of thermodynamics. What goes up, must come down; if you slip off a tin roof, you will fall. If you tied yourself to the roof with a rope, you will dangle from that rope in midair, waiting for someone to cut you loose. Likewise, if you get your face too close to an acetylene torch, you WILL lose your eyebrows, and possibly your nose.

None of this happened to me personally, but it's happened to numerous farm help that have come and gone in my absence from Wellington.

Opa says there may be oil under the land, and we've gotta wait for the oil companies to survey the place, but there may well be enough to get a monthly dividend out of it by the end of 2020.

Hard work pays off; I got my chemistry grade, and I may say with confidence that I am one step closer to becoming a doctor.

Laku noc


No comments:

Post a Comment