Sunday, January 2, 2011

Judgement

Judge me by my appearance, do you? Think you that I am my clothes, my height, or the details of my face? Look deeper, you must. When Years of hard work you perform, look as good, you will not. Peacock feathers, clothes are not. Cover up one's nudity, they do.

More to the point, appearance does not bespeak actions. The actions you take in life are what define you, and as such, you may be too busy to care about your appearance. Consider this; some of the most successful and heinous criminals of all time dressed immaculately. Many of the world's success stories, however, didn't pay any attention to their clothing while they were changing the world - Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Warren Buffet, John Adams, and Abraham Lincoln to name a few.

So sure, you can force me to dress up to the nines for a fancy dinner. I'll put on loafers, slacks, a dress shirt and tie, and even cufflinks. I'll wear a designer belt and slap on a jacket if you really push it, but that is NOT who I really am. Nor will I EVER be that way - even as the CEO of a blue-chip company.

Clothes mean nothing. Get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment