Saturday, January 8, 2011

Learning something new every day

Have you ever done painting before?

Nope. I thought it'd be too hard, that there'd be too many details, and that whatever I would produce would look awful. Well, today I gave it a try thanks to an art history class. "St. Jerome in His Study" by Albrecht Durer. All in greyscale, with charcoal, gouache, and oil going into the drawing, I'm perfectly satisfied. Who knows? I may end up with an A in that class after all.

Have you ever tried photography?

No, but recently I've been photographing major things in my life to save for posterity. I was given a very high-quality camera for christmas, and It's been put to good use so far.

Does it feel like a learning process - to do both of these things?

Absolutely, it does. Especially for painting, where so many things can go wrong in such a small space. I'm not going to show you what that first one looks like - too embarrassed xP but It's fun and I want to keep doing this. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to practice.

So do you feel like an artist now?

Hell if I know!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment