Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Book

This novel is the biggest project I have ever undertaken, for any reason. It has a lot of work to do, and I am nowhere near completing it. That said, I AM going to finish it. When I do, I WILL get it published, and I will dedicate it to my teachers; Mr. Kawano, Mr. Tracey, and Mr. Bailin. Mr. Kawano is no longer here with us, but he remains in spirit. I have felt that spirit in recent months, through successes and struggles alike. I know he would be proud of me. I know he would see all of the emotion that went into this work, and all the thoughts I've tried to compile into a coherent, readable form. I know he would appreciate all the preparation i've taken to make sure that this is something FRESH in American literature.

Wish me luck, Mr. K. This one is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment