Thursday, August 11, 2011

My kingdom for a bit of inspiration

So I've turned my intended blog post into a three-piece series which will be released over the next week or so. Until then, I might as well post a different thought I had.
My writing reflects how I feel about myself and others around me. It extrapolates on my own experiences, which is good because I have experienced a lot in the past few years, but also bad because I can't seem to break out of that maze of "write what you know" and come up with something fundamentally new.
I like how my novel is coming along, and I like the blog posts I've made recently: EVEN IF I GET NO FEEDBACK FROM THEM. Hint hint. In all seriousness, though, I Want to walk in someone else's shoes for awhile, to get some perspective on other people and how they see the world. Mind-reading? That's kind of what I'm getting at, actually. Until that solution comes about, though, I might as well do it the old-fashioned way: read what other people write and listen to what THEY say.
Is that the problem? Do I spend too much time listening to myself? Hard to say, since my own beliefs and opinions are - like everyone's - based on what other people say and do.
For you psy-minded people out there: we ought to try a mind-meld sometime soon. That would help things immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment