Monday, January 23, 2012

The men who stare at Polls

Oh God, I swear I wouldn't do it. I SWORE it wouldn't come to this.

I'm actually paying attention to the polls. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this reporter has turned into a politics junkie. It could be worse... he could have BEEN a politician. At any rate, Mitt Romney's floating high in Florida, though according to the Real Clear Politics average, Gingrich is leading with 33.7% and Romney's a close second with 33% going into the primary. Looking at the national RCP poll, Romney is leading with 29.5% and Gingrich weighs in with 23% - Paul and Santorum each hold 14%.

WHY am I becoming so emotionally involved in this race? Nothing new under the sun... if you believe the pundits... but something HAS changed. There's something to FIGHT for, now - that or I just got older; every few weeks, I see myself getting more and more interested in politics. In the democratic process. But it's either that or go jonesing for some other form of entertainment.

Not much entertainment to be found elsewhere. Television shows are still awful, good movies are few and far between, and there hasn't been an 'innovation' in music since Dubstep stumbled drunkenly onto the party scene. And it's not like LMFAO is anything but a one-trick pony.. right?

Not to be a downer or anything, but for now, i'm sticking with politics. At least until they start making us LEARN again in college.

- Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment