Wednesday, June 23, 2010

As it is

I've been talking about wanting to run the island of Manhattan from tip to tip. Yeah, yeah, Cam, just DO it already! Well, today, I took steps to convince my mom to let me do it and she let me buy the gear. It's settled; I'm running it on Friday!!! Before the heat gets crazy, I'm going to take the subway up to the Broadway bridge and start running at 6:00 sharp. Got my water bottles, my utility belt thingy to hold the water and the protein bars, energy gels, and whatnot, and i've got a student subway pass that still works for the time being. PERFECT.

So I guess you gents and gentlewomans can tell I'm pretty excited. Scratch that. I'm PUMPED! The next 36 hours are going to be pretty damn intense, what with the

Wimbledon match to finish
SAT II scores to be returned
Sister to take care of in New Jersey
ACT to study for

and the subsequent getting up at 2 in the morning or so to make the train back to New York in time to start the run!

Fuck, now i'm not necessarily pumped, I'm just freaking NERVOUS, man!

No comments:

Post a Comment