Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Back by popular demand

Someone close told me today; "you keep pushing yourself like this, you'll end up dead." I'd listen to her, but this is really important to me and just may well become a reality If I do it right. And plus; I haven't run legitimately since Sunday night's 8-mile. To that end, this morning I went twelve miles in Central Park facing suicide bikers, annoying-ass cars and rickshaws, and runners who go so damn slow they're essentially WALKING! But that didn't make it an unpleasant run; far from it! I had my ipod with me, and I was listening to a fresh mix of Techno and Metal that kept me going even when my muscles said 'Quit.' During the last couple of miles, I even felt that all-to-familiar endorphin rush everyone talks about after their first jog. MAN, does it feel good to be back in the game!

Shortly after, I make myself a healthy lunch for the first time in recent memory and wash it down with Creatine. The result? I'm full for a good six hours, I feel tired but incredibly strong, and had an overwhelming sense of accomplishment about the day.

I go out with Liam to check out the Highline, talking about everything from William Shatner to 'Ultimate Muscle Roller Legend' to the fucking Star Wars Christmas Special xD we have the strangest sense of humor imaginable. I'd say we spent about two and a half to three hours together, but It passed by in what felt like five minutes, the guy's that much fun to be around. Quite glad to call him my bro. We never stayed in one place too long; we walked the length of the park and sat down once or twice at the theater area (still crowded with hipsters, by the way) and paused to look around at some interesting buildings that faced the water and the downtown area (as a note-to-self, the one that David's friend designed looks quite nice at 2 in the afternoon). One memorable building that was black-and-brown had misshapen windows and was assymetrically laid out. I ask Liam "whaddya call that? Modern art?" He replies in a gravely serious voice; "No.. In Britain they call it spotted dick."

So now it's 7:50 pm, the sun is setting, and I get an Email from Dorot saying that I've got a shot at this internship I've been wanting. Could things possibly get any better?

This entire week, really, has been really good for me. Monday and Tuesday were just SPECTACULAR thanks to a certain someone, and whether it's because we can act, because we're naturally creative, or just because we have similar interests, we spent both afternoons acting out things the Bohemian way ;) . I've never felt closer to someone, been satisfied by something, or have made someone as happy as I (think I) have yesterday.

I can only hope that I learn over time to be less selfish

No comments:

Post a Comment