Monday, June 14, 2010

A goal

So last year I ran the marathon. This year I'm not allowed to because NYRR's lawyers don't want the liability involved. I have the time, lung power, and endurance to run it again, but no race officials from here to California will let me until fall of next year.

A traditional marathon is 26.2 miles long, and can take from two to six hours to complete. On November 1, 2010, I'm going to run 52.4 miles as a protest against this policy of banning minors from marathons. I don't know how long it'll take me to finish, I don't know if anyone will be running it with me, and I don't even know where i'll be doing it. What I DO know is that I'm sick and tired of adults telling kids they can't do something because of how young they are, therefore, I'm going to do this no matter what happens between now and November.

No comments:

Post a Comment