Monday, June 14, 2010

SUMMER!

Allright, so... here we are. I found out on Friday that my finals went really well, and that my report card's gonna look spot-on this year; I got an A in literature of the common man, an A- in anatomy, and a B in math!

I've made a resolution to make every day this summer memorable. The very first day, on Thursday, I met up with Artem the russian and hung out with him till ~ 3am watching 'Fear and loathing in Las Vegas' and talking about the future. Guy's going to Rutgers in the fall, i'm so proud of 'im! Next day I saw 'Prince of Persia' with Bri, and 'The Karate Kid' with Kira. Both of them were really good, but I came away from Karate Kid with this really amazing sense of one-ness with everything... that was an ASTOUNDING piece of cinema right there. Ahhh, did I mention there was Adana (lamb) kebab for dinner? xD I'm crazy, but that's a seriously good dish right there.

Speaking of food, mum's resolved to make me a cook this summer... as If I wasn't already. She taught me to make two useful dishes this week; Lasagna, which is tasty yet, time-consuming, and Chef Paul(beef + potatoes), which also tastes great but takes a little less time to make. Both of them have two great pros going for them; the ingredients are cheap and nutritious, and they produce days' worth of leftovers. I'm going to eat like a KING in college, heheh. I also found a fresh brace of clams yesterday, about a pound's worth, and even though mom and her friend Laura were preaching about the dangers of wild-clam-induced Hepatitis, I cooked 'em myself and ate them with some Tabasco sauce. Now THAT'S manly! (and I felt just fine afterwards, thank you very much)

I spent a lot of time with my sister this weekend. I don't know what it is, but this kid's been growing up pretty fast lately! She learned to ride a bike (without training wheels) not two weeks ago and she can pedal faster than I can run! Nyah... so we biked around the Hamptons all weekend, stopping at the beach a lot and climbing the rocks, playing Pokemon, talking about this boy at her school that she has a crush on.

Also read 'A mango shaped space' over the weekend. Thank you, Deanna, for lending it to me; I'll give it back on Wednesday or whenever I see you next. Started in on 'Dante's Inferno' as well, and oddly enough, I like it better than Don Quixote. It's not redundant, and its prose is more novel-like than some contemporary works of the 13th century. Weird, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment