Wednesday, April 28, 2010

But the beat goes on, ba-da-doom-da-doom-bada

The concert went well, the ACT went well, that whole afternoon was nothing short of heaven. Once again i've been fulfilled.

Looking back at previous posts, I’m starting to get the feeling i'm too angry. I ranted at someone I shouldn‘t have. I posted a story where I angst about my mom; the ‘Perspective’ post is the closest thing to my happy side most days.

I learned in Anatomy that teenagers tend to think and associate with their amygdala, their fear and anxiety center, more than they do with their frontal cortex. With constant stress on the amygdala, that part of the brain doesn’t revert back to normal once a threat’s over; It stays on maximum alert. That’s definitely me most of the time.

I'm up to page 14 in 'What is the what' by David Eggers. Absolutely beautiful writing.

I've done somebody wrong. Probably a lot of people in the long run, but I‘d feel especially bad if I know I’ve hurt her. What did I do? If you’d talk to me, tell me what it is, I could apologize. I could fix it. I could be a better friend to you and learn from my mistakes. Just talk to me - that's all it takes.

I don't know when or why I started listening to rap, but Flobots and Eminem took over my ipod. I run faster, I wake up easier, I get through the day without needing a pill . I'm me again; it's all in the music.

1 comment:

  1. ~Music is magic~

    I must agree with you Scaramouche the music one listen's too can definitely alter your mood. I keep bevy of music on my Ipod everything from The Beatles, to Eminem. I am not sure if this fact will worry your or calm you but I think I have lost true emotional cycles at this point. My mood, my life, my existence depends on the music in my ears. I can alter my mood and my life just by a press of the button.

    A Quiet Observer

    ReplyDelete