Friday, April 9, 2010

Homecoming (from 25/3/10)

I went over to Dee’s house first thing in the morning and chilled with her. We made some peanut butter cookies (which were amazing by the way) and listened to some good music while I helped her finish her ‘dayzeroproject’ list.. Which… I still haven’t finished yet. So after that we made a chicken salad for lunch and visited the high school for old time’s sake; they were glad to have me back! I saw Anthony Perenti, Dean Russo, Tom (the stoner whose last name I forget) and Thomas Kreder. (the fat guy who got me into DXM) I said hi to Mr. Tracey, Mr. Lowell, Ms. Campbell, and even Mr. Niedzjenko! I was gonna go visit Mrs. Bear and like.. Mess with the class but the kids told me she has breast cancer -!!!- I wouldn’t want to make her feel bad.

Anywhoo, I also met Mike Stein’s sister .. Mildly attractive BUT… and Artem so he drove me back to my place and came over to study. We were getting tired b/c it was midafternoon SO I went to the A&P and stole us some energy drinks. Man, did it feel good to be back in that game. After we did some work, we went to this Ice Cream Social at the school and helped scoop ice cream (so we got to eat free!). uhhhh and Artem’s friend Allie was there - a sophmore he wants to fuck - so that was kinda cool. I realized how much I missed the kids who go here and at the same time how little I miss the school, LOL! Everyone said I looked much happier and more energetic because of the new school, and I’m positive they were right. I could feel the place starting to get to me by like 8:00 and I was begging Artem to let us leave. We went back to his place and jammed - played Freak on a Leash by KORN, MOTHERFUCKER! - till like 10ish and then went on a dumpster diving run to Dunkin Donuts. Cops pulled us over on the way back to his place, scary, but they just wanted him to turn his headlights on; he didn’t get a ticket or anything. Afterwerds, we watched some ‘Pulp Fiction’ at his place, and went to bed around 1.30.

So most of today, up till about 3ish, was me sleeping and getting my head back in shape. We went to a restaurant called ‘Silk Road’ which my dad’s nursing co-worker (her name’s Naomi) runs, and it was GREAT! It’s an Afghani-style place in Warren County NJ .. Had some of the best lamb kebab I’d ever eaten. The appetizer was mouth-watering cucumbers and tomatoes soaked in vinegar PLUS pita bread. The entrée was the kebabs served with a long-grained brown rice soaked in a sauce with cashews, orange peels, spices, and sugar. The result was pure gourmet bliss. Dessert was even better - baklava with Turkish coffee that’s woken me up by now. I’m still digesting everything, which is why I’m not running or writing or anything at the moment, but it was a really good way to wake up after sleeping for some sixteen hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment