Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mile 26

Today is the last day of school for junior year. I have only three classes to attend - the rest of it will be spent saying goodbye to everyone who's helped me grow and thrive here. I'm walking through the halls, joking with Steven about everything for a good hour and a half, but on the inside I'm sad. I don't want to leave for the summer - I want to keep learning, keep singing, keep being a great student! I want to be able to walk across the park and come see you when you're not busy. I want to keep hanging out with all these great friends i've acquired over the past several months! (you guys BETTER be staying in the city for some of the time <3 )

But i'll be okay. I'm getting a job that'll bring in some income - I won't waste the money on stupid stuff, I'll invest it like a good businessman. I'll run every morning and every evening, coming back to cross country with ten times more strength than I had before. I'll write the great American novel sitting in cafes near Union square, sipping espresso and sporting a goatee that my mom will probably LOATHE. Yes sir, that's the life for me =).

I'll be traveling for some of it - going to Texas for a week to work on my grandparents' farm. Shoveling shit for one day, rebuilding the fences and chicken coops another, planting seed the next, hunting, camping, sweating. That's a form of Zen for someone who has to think 24/7 for most of his life. There's virtually no one there who can carry on a decent conversation, but i'm not there for conversation. There are exactly ZERO attractive people there, but again, that's not what i'm going there for ;)

I'll be updating this every day, tracking my progress, posting bits of literature as I go. Meanwhile, what I need my readers to do right now, Is to post comments on this thing if the content pleases you. Feels like i'm yelling into a wind tunnel here - it's empty.

On this same profile, but under a different blog, i'm going to begin that publication I was talking about. The first edition should come out a week from tomorrow - I need you guys to send me any piece of literature you haven't shown me before that date, and we'll see what we can do with it.

1 comment:

  1. You should find your way to GA.
    Or even better, I'll be in Texas in July (for like a few hours, waiting for a connector flight).

    I haven't seen you in forever.

    ReplyDelete