Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saturday

Dear God, I must've slept ten hours last night! What a relief after this week, I just wish you could stockpile the stuff. Save it for a rainy day when the pressures come back.

Despite all the work to be done today, mom wanted to take us to the park for a picnic. Quaint idea, n'est pas? That's what I thought, but prosciutto and mozzarella plus brie, grapes, jam, and flatbread makes for one helluva meal. In fact, it was so satisfying that I stretched out and fell asleep for a few minutes afterwards (although that might've been because of the sun).

Been reading 'Locas' after seeing a good review of it in The Village Voice. I'd lay out a plot summary for my readers, but you could get a much better one here; http://www.againwiththecomics.com/2007/10/locas-maggie-and-hopey-stories_816.html

I found 'Candide' on Gutenberg. Very convenient; it's a word-for-word translation of what we're studying in French class.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/19942/19942-h/19942-h.htm

Peace. That is the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment